Best camper boat that is trailable with small vehicle?

chancewayne

Recruit
What would be the best boat, bang for the buck, for some to go camping on lakes, boat + tailor + motor = total weight ? I've got a Suzuki SX4. I guess an aluminium boat with a canvas hood and some oars?

BobGinCO

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Best camper boat that is trailable with small vehicle?

This. I have an SX4 too.
I could probably put it in the back of the F-250.
Side view short back sm.jpg

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

how bout a tinny w outboard and camping gear.... beach the boat and set up camp.

coastalrichard

Lieutenant

Well...that makes this problem look more like...

Camping = small boat + motor + trailer + TOW VEHICLE...

Sorry for your luck

OllieC

Chief Petty Officer

This;
CIMG2801-1.jpg

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

Long ago I bought a 22' Sylvan Fisherman with full camper canvas & screen. That stuff could be up or down in 3 minutes with 2 people. It was an I/O. The dog box had a cushion and the rear seat bottoms were moved to make an 8' bed for 2. Two more in the cuddy. The passenger seat opened up to sleep one more if needed. With a small propane stove and porta-potti 4 of us spent a lot of time on Lake Ontario during the lake trout/salmon tournaments.

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade

In England they rate the SX4 at about 2000 pounds. Europe always has a much higher rating than North America.
You could get an 11-12' inflatable with an air floor and a 6hp.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Inflatable sounds like a good possibility, and it'll fit in a small utility trailer that the OP can use to carry all the other camping stuff, too. Funny, there was an iboats ad on the right side of my screen a couple minutes ago. A 'Red Star' 11' 8" inflatable with an aluminum floor and 15 hp capacity on sale.

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I passed out on the deck of my 15' Starcraft trihull a few times. It had full canvas, and would have made a fine overnight camping boat had I cared to set myself up some decent accomodations... The previous owner towed it with a ford focus ZX3 and said it towed fine. I used an F-150 so I can't corroborate his story.