Any recommendations for a rebuild kit?

surferguy001

Seaman
As some of you may know, I have a '83 Chevy 350. I got some advice from a bunch of you the other day, and currently the block and all the other parts are at the shop getting cleaned and bored .030 over. In the meantime, I am trying to do research on a good master rebuild kit. I figured I can read the companies descriptions as much as I want, but it would help better if some of you could tell me what you went with on your rebuilds? As of now it seems to two most popular master kits on Ebay, and I don't know if popular is better, are Riverside Performance Chevy Marine Rebuild Master Kit and Redline Chevy Marine Rebuild Master Kit. What do you all have to say? Thanks!

carribbean soul

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Any recommendations for a rebuild kit?

Jegs and summit racing have the parts too make sure that the head gaskets are made with stainless steel vs steel the bearings and other internal parts are nothing special. bronze freeze plugs too.

surferguy001

Seaman

Bronze or brass? Ive seen both. Thanks for the input!

carribbean soul

Petty Officer 2nd Class

looked at jegs catalog brass is what they sell $13.99. you dont want the steel ones in salt water they would rust out within a season.