Fenders

mollyog74

Seaman Apprentice
ok, there just doesn't seem to be enough places to put our fenders. And the places we can hang them, never seem to be in the right place.Has anyone ever tried the suction cup attatchments. Do they really work? Any other ideas. The boat has pop up cleats, so we don't want to add anymore hardware, especially if it isn't flush to the boat like the cleats.

Baldguy

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Fenders

I used some cheap suction cups and lost a couple of fenders that way. <br /><br />West Marine has a device that (forget what it is called) that clips onto your window and allows for you to attach a line from the fender to the clip. I've used these with good success. I think they're called Fender Tenders?<br /><br />I miss So Cal. by the way.

Northern Eclipse

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I added some plastic 3 inch fender cleats, made by taylor, the are low profile and are white,so I hardly notice them, seven years and they still look as good as new, and never lost a fender yet, I'v tried other type clips and straps, broke every one 'em. I have also seen 3 inch pop up cleats also.

Bert1

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I use a couple of adjustable straps to tie the fenders to the grab handles inside the boat. They are black, one inch wide with incremental adjustments, they are also quick release.They are called ''Kwik Adjust Fender Lok'' and are available at Overton's. That way I can leave them tied on all the time and when they are not in use, they are pulled in and stowed in the side compartments out of the way :cool: .

salty87

Commander

i like the velcro straps, they hold and are easy to adjust.<br /><br />my boat has rails front and back that i use sometimes. wakeboard tower helps alot too. the previous owner installed some bimini hardware, loops to clip straps to, i can thread the velcro through there. that's all i've got.