Crankcase dowel pin info needed please guys

fishfeatures

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I am getting my local machine shop to try and take out a dowel pin that i pushed in during rebuild (don't trust myself to do it ). It's a 1990 60hp ..

Machine shops over here don't have much outboard experience and the machinist just wants to know, in case he has to drill the whole thing out if he can't pull it out complete, what size are replacement pins.

So if anyone knows the dimensions to the dowel pins can they please let me know.....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Re: Crankcase dowel pin info needed please guys

Too little information to give any answer. It's a 60 HP what? And what pins are you talking aobut ? Pictures?

fishfeatures

Too little information to give any answer. It's a 60 HP what? And what pins are you talking aobut ? Pictures?

J60ELSESM is what it is

I'm after info on the dowel pins that the centre main bearings and top roller bearing sit onto when positioning the crankshaft back in its place.

No pics as the block is in the shop

boobie

Supreme Mariner

The dowel pin # is 304178. Available from BRP.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

The pins are part #0304178 and are a stepped pin...These are real soft and the way I remove them is to drill and tap it for a 8/32 screw and pop it out with a mini slide hammer.

fishfeatures

i see now what i'm after , thanks gentlemen.

fishfeatures

me again guys.

the machine shop is just wondering (in case they can't pull out and need to be drilled out altogether), how deep do the pins go into the crankcase. I think they are erring on the side of caution just in case .

SO anyone know how deep the pins go ??