Anyone heard of a Barkley Young boat

Moody Blue

Captain
Hoping someone can shed some light. Recently bought a 14ft F/G Barkley Young boat and 40HP Mariner OB. Would like to have some idea of max HP as well as weight of the boat itself. No tags anywhere on the boat. Motor looks large for the boat. The boat is a double hulled F/G construction open concept with a side console. 13ft 8" long x 5ft beam. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. I think the boats may have been mfg in Canada in the early 80's but can't find any info at all on them. Thanks again.

bigwylie

Recruit
Re: Anyone heard of a Barkley Young boat

I have a barkley young 1988 16' dual console.
It is a fantastic boat.
I also have the original sales brochure. I know this is an old post but you may still be earching for more info?
You probably have a side console version of the 13'.

the company was purchased by Brunswick ( boston Whaler ) in the late 80's and the hull mold became the first versions of the Dauntless. all other references were smashed. too bad.

Before being bought, they were quickly gaining US popularity for performance in heavy weather lakes and Price.
designed on Lake Ontario, heavy weather was its stability specialty.
We use ours out of the IYC on Lake ONtario and many times the whaler owners at our Toronto club ask to use our 16 when the weather is too rough. No joke! It is an incredible rough weather performer. a little splashy though.
I think the bow chine design could have been improved.

jan arthur

Recruit

Hoping someone can shed some light. Recently bought a 14ft F/G Barkley Young boat and 40HP Mariner OB. Would like to have some idea of max HP as well as weight of the boat itself. No tags anywhere on the boat. Motor looks large for the boat. The boat is a double hulled F/G construction open concept with a side console. 13ft 8" long x 5ft beam. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. I think the boats may have been mfg in Canada in the early 80's but can't find any info at all on them. Thanks again.

I have this boat on Lake George...LOVE it..40 hp is the max..this yacht is unflippable and unsinkable..ours is a 1986...I am looking for a windshield for this boat...I bought this boat over a whaler...they FLIP..gave it to my kids for Christmas in 1996...as I watche dthis boat at a marina shrink wrapped for 5 years...Finally found out the owner wa a neighbor..We were meant to have this boat...My daighter wa 10 and my son 13..They had a blast on this boat..went to sailing camp every day in this boat...they are now 25 adn 28..Need i say i could have sold this boat a zillion times...everyone thought that when my kids gerw up that I would sell the boat...NO WAY...i love this boat..I run across the lake and do not have to get the big boat out....my boat has teh tags on it...certified for 5....you will go slow with 5..tough to plane out..perfecto for 2..the weight limit is i believe...1600 lbs.....you will get wet in this boat ONLY negative!!! have fun or call me to sell it!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mr 88

Commander

Can't wait for the next reply in another 3- 4 years LOL

Moody Blue

Captain

Too funny.

I kept that boat for a few years then sold it in 2008. It was a great boat/motor combination but was too small for the lake I boat on. Had a lot of fun with that, my first boat.