Water pressure for my Merc 115 four stroke

Fishslayer2

Cadet
Hi guys, I just purchased a 2012 Tracker pro-guide 175V combo with a Merc 115 four stroke engine. Can anybody please tell me what the water pressure should be for that motor? I've gone through the owners manual 3 times today and have not been able to find it. Thanks in advance for any help you could throw my way.

Elk slayer

Cadet
Re: Water pressure for my Merc 115 four stroke

I am wanting the same boat and motor. Just wondering how it runs with the 4 stroke and how u like it? I am sure someone here will answer you're question.

Fishslayer2

Cadet

I am wanting the same boat and motor. Just wondering how it runs with the 4 stroke and how u like it? I am sure someone here will answer you're question.

I will actually be taking possession of it Tuesday and will be putting it in the water on Thursday. The boat itself is awesome! as for the motor? well, I haven't read a bad thing about it. Some people prefer the optimax instead of the four stroke but I didn't have too much choice as that is the motor the previous owner had ordered for it when he bought it. I'm pretty excited about it and I'm confident I will be happy with it. I think I was lucky to find the deal I got on it. It's hard to find a decent used Tracker for a decent price. Thanks for the reply and good luck!

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner

Hi guys, I just purchased a 2012 Tracker pro-guide 175V combo with a Merc 115 four stroke engine. Can anybody please tell me what the water pressure should be for that motor? I've gone through the owners manual 3 times today and have not been able to find it. Thanks in advance for any help you could throw my way.

You check it when new, or after installing a new impellor, if the pressure goes down you know to change it.

rickdb1boat

Supreme Mariner

I have a 07' 90 HP 4 stroke (which is essentially the same engine as your 115) and my water pressure reading is 22-23 Lbs at full throttle. About 2-3 Lbs at idle. This is with a new impeller, but it never really changed readings in 5 years with the old one. I'm sure you will like the motor. Much quieter than an Opti and has very good power output. The only issue I've had, was the starter was going out on it the second year I owned it. It was replaced promptly under warranty with an upgraded starter and I've had no trouble since then. I have about 400 Hrs on my engine now and have been happy with it so far.

blackhawk180

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll check next time I'm out. I have the same 115 four stroke and a MercMonitor that is networked to a HDS 7 which gives me the option of displaying almost any engine function you can imagine. I have chosen (among others) oil pressure and water temp but I'm sure I have water pressure as an option. I'm curious about the water pressure now so I'll check it and update Friday.

Fishslayer2

Cadet

I have a 07' 90 HP 4 stroke (which is essentially the same engine as your 115) and my water pressure reading is 22-23 Lbs at full throttle. About 2-3 Lbs at idle. This is with a new impeller, but it never really changed readings in 5 years with the old one. I'm sure you will like the motor. Much quieter than an Opti and has very good power output. The only issue I've had, was the starter was going out on it the second year I owned it. It was replaced promptly under warranty with an upgraded starter and I've had no trouble since then. I have about 400 Hrs on my engine now and have been happy with it so far.

Thank you so much Rick! I haven't been able to find out that information anywhere else. I guess I could have just called the place I'm getting the boat from. I'm glad to hear you are happy with the motor. I guess like cars, things will go wrong every once in a while but it sounds like it's a good solid motor. Thanks again.

Fishslayer2

Cadet

I'll check next time I'm out. I have the same 115 four stroke and a MercMonitor that is networked to a HDS 7 which gives me the option of displaying almost any engine function you can imagine. I have chosen (among others) oil pressure and water temp but I'm sure I have water pressure as an option. I'm curious about the water pressure now so I'll check it and update Friday.

The fish finder that is coming on mine is an HDS 10. I was reading about all the bells, whistles, and tricks it does such as the stuff you had mentioned. Someday I may hook it up so I can monitor the engine too although I have gauges that cover everything already. What will they think of next.

Thanks for your reply.