Regal Fasdeck 24 lake Winnipesaukee

gecko1

Recruit
I am new to Lake Winnipesaukee and considering purchasing a Regal Fasdeck 24. Two questions - is this kind of deck boat good for this lake?I've heard the lake is rough and you need a big deep V hull on Lake Winni and the Fastdeck seems more of a cathedral style hull. Second, is this the right size boat for this lake or would I be happier in a 26? Don't want to screw this one up. Thx for the input!

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Regal Fasdeck 24 lake Winnipesaukee

It will be fine for the lake. There will be days when the lake will get choppy and the ride will be slow or miserable, but most days, you'll be comfortable. What part of the lake do you plan to boat from? We are there all the time.

gecko1

Recruit

It will be fine for the lake. There will be days when the lake will get choppy and the ride will be slow or miserable, but most days, you'll be comfortable. What part of the lake do you plan to boat from? We are there all the time.

Right now Paugus Bay but looking for a house so that may change.

Mischief Managed

Lieutenant Commander

Coming out of Weirs Channel and heading toward the Broads can be a headache. There's only 4 possible routes, all are narrow and 3 are no wake. People tend to jump on plane and rush to the no wake zone South of Eagle Island while crossing traffic and causing people to slow, swerve, or speed up. Makes for a mess of nasty wakes on weekends. Not many boats are going to be comfortable in that situation. I usually head toward Pitchwood Island and then turn east to pass north of Eagle. Not as many people go that way, I suppose because the rocks (well marked) prevent a direct route, you have to make a couple of turns. It's the only route that lets you stay on-plane.

Say hi if you see my boat. My user name is my boat's name.

HellRaZoR004

Seaman Apprentice

You can also find a lot of information on this site: Winnipesaukee Forum - Powered by vBulletin

I would also recommend getting a Bizer map if you don't have one already. Deciding on length really depends on how you plan to use it.... but in most conditions the 24' will be okay (the ride may be a little rough and wet at times).