exporting to the uk

damie

Seaman
hi,<br />does anyone recommend a boat dealer that will export to the uk i am looking for a used mariah 18-20ft open bow with 4.3or5.0 engine aprox 2 or newer years old.<br />many thanks. :confused:

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: exporting to the uk

Hi also in the UK. By buying second hand presumably you dont pay VAT but do you still have to pay import duty?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

It might be easier to find an importer/broker in the UK. They will have certainly worked with shippers in the US. You can make your deal through your UK broker, and they in turn can handle the overseas details. This way, you have a local man that you are dealing with, and who will be responsible for to you, for making the deal complete.<br /><br />Locating the boat you wish to purchase is an entirely different matter. I would want the final approval over the purchase, and would fly over to inspect and test drive the final candidates before purchase.

Peter1959628

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Dealers must ship new to the UK . So maybe dropping them an e-mail might reveal a source.<br />Freight Forwarders may be able to "consolidate" your load.<br />Interesting as i would love to find out how they do this.<br /><br />Dont know if you could get away with "crating"<br />up a boat and shipping in to the UK. you would need to have the outdrive off and on a cradle similar to a trailer.It goes without saying it would need to be strapped down well.<br />They do it with cars. So whats different with a boat?<br /><br />ps<br />I'm from the UK and have a Mariah Shabah 1994 Z202 immaculate with 4.3l alpha 1 that i bought in Ohio then brought it to NC where i now live.<br />If you want some pics i'l send you a mail