What you need to know about props. Prof. JB a Sticky?

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
I ran across this info today and it covers a lot of info that we have to keep relaying to newcomers. What about a Sticky so that we can just refer the newbie to it and they can get the word from the horses mouth.

Some points of interest include where the engine rpms matter in selecting the prop (WOT), the rpm change with blade pitch change, relationship of cupped to non-cupped props in terms of added pitch equivalent, rpm drop when changing from a 3 to 4 blade prop, and some definitions. Some definitions are left out like alum to SS rpm advantage due to thinner blades, what do high rake blades do for you and surely others.

Basic Propeller Parts | Mercury Marine

Thanks,
Mark

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: What you need to know about props. Prof. JB a Sticky?

bump

jestor68

Commander

I ran across this info today and it covers a lot of info that we have to keep relaying to newcomers. What about a Sticky so that we can just refer the newbie to it and they can get the word from the horses mouth.

Then there would be no need for this section of the forum. :faint2:

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

There is a thing called plagiarism. That link is merc's trademark and how they make a living. IN fairness gotta give those guy's a break...besides that is not the end all thread to prop's. Most come here because they have other problem's aka my boat is not performing.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Then there would be no need for this section of the forum. :faint2:

I don't think so. This isn't all that inclusive.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

There is a thing called plagiarism.

I don't know what you are referring to. If it's about posting this publically available information, with rights to ownership clearly displayed, it's not taking others work for personal credit, aka plagiarism.

Mark

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

Basic Propeller Parts | Mercury Marine

2012 Mercury Marine. All Rights Reserved. Terms & Conditions Privacy Site Map Sign-up for Mercury Email

Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited. Mercury Marine is a division of Brunswick Corporation

U.S. Copyright Office

Didn't mean to be sharp angled and its not plagiarism in its true form.

JaseBosto

Petty Officer 1st Class

Not sure why plagiarism is being talked about at all, in no way shape or form is the link at the top of this thread plagiarism. If I directly copied what was on the website, and wrote a book with the exact words or something similar then it would be.

Tail_Gunner

Admiral

:horn: I was under the impression someone would cut and paste the info... that was the wrong impression... as to the link who care's...bad gunner bad.:drama:

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Won't do much good to post a link to the Merc site up in the stickies, Merc changes their site way to often for that. Might be good for now, but in a month or so it could have a different URL.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Won't do much good to post a link to the Merc site up in the stickies, Merc changes their site way to often for that. Might be good for now, but in a month or so it could have a different URL.

Thanks Don. Since the questions are asked frequently and the word was from the horse's mouth, it could have more meaning to some of us.

Mark