2 bank charger

t8764

Cadet
I have a boat with one battery and want to buy a charger for it. I would really like to buy a two bank because I will be putting a 2nd battery in the boat probley over next winter. What would I do with the other two wires for now with only one battery.

Re: 2 bank charger

depending on the brand. some will tell you to hook the spare leads to the same battery as there isolated so both banks will charge the same battery others will have diffrent instructions like pulling the fuses in the leads.

t8764

Cadet

The one I am looking at is a cabelas pro series two bank. I have looked the the instructions and it didnt say anything about it.

from what i have read the charger can divert 100% charging to any battery so theres no need to use the other wires until you have a second battery. pulling the fuses and sticking a piece of plastic where the fuse was is a easy way to disconnect the spare set until you get the second battery. Calling the cabelas pro series help line might be a good idea as they might have diffrent advice that will stop the fault light showing for the second battery

The Woo Woo Kid

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Cut the wire and add quick disconnects.

or tape up the ends not in use.

JoLin

Vice Admiral

Don't cut the wires. Use heat shrink tube on the loose wire ends (it won't unravel), then zip tie the leads up out of the way. You'll be fine.