Steering Questions on new to me boat

dizzy1

Seaman
Got a new to me boat and first I've owned with power steering. Its a 5.0 GL-H motor in a 2007 Reinell 200 lse. Noticed the steering initially moves free for the first 20 degrees of the wheel before it hits resistance. I'm assuming this is from the power steering ram kicking in. While turning the wheel I can see parts of the steering power assembly moving about an inch before stopping. Is this normal? From the manual I take this is the part where it switches the movement of the fluid. How much back and forth movement is normal? I attached a link to a pic off the net of what mine looks like. The part attached to the steering cable moves along with the part connecting the pressure lines in/out. In the pic it looks like this is normal but want to make sure. How easy should the steering be? I thought it would be simple when out at the lake but seems the steering is firmer than I expected since have to use a good of mount of strenght to steering compared to my old boat which was manual but smaller boat too. Wonder if I need to grease something to help, I already greased the shiny shaft coming out of the assembly, should it be greased where the assembly moves in/out of the mounting body on the top and bottom as well?

$(KGrHqF,!k8E5YE!B5j4BOcUy4sWsw~~60_35.JPG

dizzy1

Seaman
Re: Steering Questions on new to me boat

Looks like got it working smoothly. Lubed the ram and slight amount of grease on the slide for the actuator. Took it out today and boat steered a lot smoother and felt like new. Even my girlfriend could tell when pulling me it felt way better than last time out. Now just need to figure out the lube points on the throttle since definitly sticks and hard to apply throttle smoothly in small increments.