Need parts specs for 76 Mercruiser 140hp

mark402001

Recruit
I have a 76 Mercruiser 140 hp. I am looking for the specs for the engine. I need to know what size the bore and crank are, or should be. I have tried to find them on line with no luck. The few web sites I went to, to look for parts gave me obsolete part numbers. I want to use std rings and over size rod and main bearings. Can the fuel pump be rebuilt or does it have to be replaced. I may wind up parting it out. Not sure yet. May be cheaper to cut my losses and move on. Thanks :)

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Need parts specs for 76 Mercruiser 140hp

I have a 76 Mercruiser 140 hp. I am looking for the specs for the engine. I need to know what size the bore and crank are, or should be. I have tried to find them on line with no luck. The few web sites I went to, to look for parts gave me obsolete part numbers. I want to use std rings and over size rod and main bearings. Can the fuel pump be rebuilt or does it have to be replaced. I may wind up parting it out. Not sure yet. May be cheaper to cut my losses and move on. Thanks :)

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... Unless yer plannin' machine work, ya pretty much have to go back with what's there...

Internal motor parts are standard GM parts, not Mercruiser...

If ya are goin' with a Machine Shop rebuild, talk to yer Machinist, he'll know where to get parts he trusts...

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner
Re: Need parts specs for 76 Mercruiser 140hp

bore size is measured with inside micrometers ,that number determines the correct oversize piston.
crank is measured the same way. crank O.D minus the rod I.D. determines the clearance.This number determines if standard bbearings are used or oversize one`s if the crank needs to be cut.