HELP I took the remote shifter apart and dropped it now wont start! Rookie mistake

Grendal42

Recruit
Does anyone what could be the issue? I put it all back together how i "think it goes" but now wont even crank the engine.. 98 force 40hp. I know before this it has to be in neutral but i have put it in every position trying to figure it out and no results. This is my first boat and have not even put her in the water yet. any help is greatly appreciated.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: HELP I took the remote shifter apart and dropped it now wont start! Rookie mistak

It's probably not put together correctly. Do you have some pictures of the cables and how you've got them connected on the throttle assy?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: HELP I took the remote shifter apart and dropped it now wont start! Rookie mistak

What did you actually take apart?

And more importantly, Why?

wickware

Lieutenant

A full close Pics of your motor?s cable connections will be a big help in seeing what you are saying and possibly what has happened. A close pic of your remote control with mechanics showing and a pic mounted in neutral.

1. The control in neutral should be activating a neutral switch on the motor to allow it to Crank/Start.
2. If this is not happening you possibly d/n get a cable or part back in the correct position.