need a quick fix

the jimmer

Recruit
My buddies are counting on me for a great spring and summer on the lake, and I don't want to let them down. I have about a mont and a half to complete my restoration on a 73 arrow glass cheetah. From the water-line down is my main concern for durability. Can I just sand down through the old finish a ways and prime it with automotive primer and paint or would that be doomed not to last. I f it lasts a few years I would be happy, or should I use an industrial paint to last for that goal. Does Sherwin-Williams automotive paint las on boats?

G DANE

Commander
Re: need a quick fix

Be sure to clean it real good down to gell coat, sand it light matt and use one of the special Epoxy primers for belwo waterline. Roll it on. Will hold as long as you keep the boat. Not much more expensive, easy to work with. Automotive wont do.

Bondo

Staff member
Re: need a quick fix

In your other posts you state you're in the automotive painting biz.....<br />It's all about the Same.........<br />Sand for a Good Finish,+ Adhesion..... Not to remove paint that's Still Good.......<br />As I stated in your other post.......<br />I've had Very Excellent results using a Quality 2 part Urethane Paint.....<br />My paint of Chioce is NAPA MSU....<br />Before that I used Automotive Acrylic....<br />I've Never had Any Problems......<br /><br />Surface Preperations is the Key......... ;)