Engine mount needed

bluey

Seaman
Greetings everyone,

I need to find a new or used replacement for one of my engine mounts which I inadvertantly destroyed when installing my inboard Yanmar 2qm15 diesel engine.

There is no brand name on the mount, only the number "M5". But I found out they are called "Globe Ever-Stay Motor Mounts" made by Globe Rubber Products. Here is an image of the same engine mount–

engine_mounts_family_low_res_1_zpsc8741c33.jpg

Defender.com had some advertised on their website and I wrote to them but they tell me they've sold out of stock and that Globe NO LONGER make engine mounts!

The dimensions of my Ever-Stay M5 mount are - 1.5 inches high, 2.5 inches wide, 4.5 Inches long, with mounting hole centres at 3.25 inches.

Thanks,
bluey:blue:

bluey

Seaman
Re: Engine mount needed

Hi Don S,

Thanks for the reply and the weblinks, much appreciated.

I been doing a lot of googling myself for mounts I can use and found several manufacturer's like polyflex, Isoflex and R&D which all have mounts suitable for my engine. Trouble is none of the specs for their mounts match up with mine regarding stud sizes and hole centres. They are all larger and higher than my M5 Ever-stay mounts so it would mean major changes to my engine bed to make them fit. The engine bed is fiberglassed in so it would be a big, and probably costly, job to change. On the other hand though, there may be no other alternative.

Cheers,

bluey.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Have you tried a Yanmar dealer?

bluey

Seaman

Haven't tried a Yanmar dealer yet. Our Local boat builder has an old qm engine with mounts attached that I might be able to use , if they're any good. I'll check them out on the weekend.

bluey

Seaman

Hi Don S,

Just an update.

I have just ordered a new engine mount from Polyflex. It seems their PM127(90} mount is a replacement the the M5. so all is good.

Thanks for the help.