Can't find part for throttle lever assembly

CaneCutter79

Chief Petty Officer
My motor model and type is in my signature below.

I have looked in my repair manual, online at Evinrude.com and other parts assembly drawings and I cannot find an assembly drawing or part number for the spring that fits between the throttle lever assembly. I'm looking for a large coil spring about 2" in diameter. When the throttle cable is pulled, the spring pulls the timing lever simoultaneously. Without that spring, the timing is out of sync with the gas/throtle.

Any ideas? Is this an obsolete part now?

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Can't find part for throttle lever assembly

Could you post a pic of the control ??

Chinewalker

Fleet Admiral

He's referring to the spring that sits between the shift and throttle arms on the side of the engine block, not the control box...

CaneCutter79

Chief Petty Officer

Could you post a pic of the control ??
The lever is circled in red. I have an additional circle showing where the spring is located. The spring is critical to the performance of the motor because if it breaks or becomes weak as mine did, it can throw the timing and carb out of sync and really create a lot of havoc. If the spring "sticks" or becomes weak and doesn't operate correctly, it can cause a lot of issues.

The part is no longer available and my mechanic has sent me one in the mail but I'm curious of how one could find new parts or used parts for such a thing. What is this called anyway? Throttle lever tension spring?

I also have a plastic piece I can't find a part number for that holds the wire that pulls the timer lead and the wire is attached at the top of the lever shown. You can see the metal wire that leads from the top of the lever and goes left to the timer base. The plastic piece is loose. Easy fix if you have the part.

Attachments

• Throttle Lever.JPG
    Throttle Lever.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 0

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

Is it the "throttle lever spring" that you're looking for (314094)?

part # 88 under the cylinder & crankcase section.

CaneCutter79

Chief Petty Officer

Is it the "throttle lever spring" that you're looking for (314094)?

part # 88 under the cylinder & crankcase section.
That is i! Thank you very much! Ican't believe I did not find that in my manual or under the appropriate section from the Evinrude website. I guess I didn't look hard enough. Sorry about that.

Thank you again!

classiccat

"Captain" + Starmada Splash Of The Year 2020

no problem! I suppose that I've been spending too much time staring at parts lists lately :lol: