Look what I picked up today for my superfisherman

tincanman

Petty Officer 1st Class
Well, after a long debate, the wife and I decided that having a pontoon and a smaller fishing boat is just not a good idea. After putting my foot down that I would not fish out of a pontoon, we decided to just keep the sfm and do some fix up work.

I came across this windshield on craigslist the other week, I couldn't resist. I picked it up shipped for $210 off of a wrecked boat. Any of you that have looked for a curved windshield, know how cheap that is. I always hated the smallish looking, steep raked windshield on my sfm.

It's not mounted yet, but you get the idea. I will be starting a resto thread shortly.

IMG_20130415_105634_398_zpsc0644246.jpg

IMG_20130415_105652_758_zps5414c699.jpg

IMG_20130415_105722_597_zps60475c01.jpg

dozerII

Admiral
Re: Look what I picked up today for my superfisherman

Great looking windshield and a super price.

barato2

Commander

me like! you really scored to find a curved windshield in that condition, esp for $.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Awesome windshield, awesome price :thumb:

tincanman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Had to do it. Pulled the old windshield off and test fit the new. Now to sell the old windshield and recoup some of my cash.

old
DSCN0332_zpsd520ed6c.jpg

new
DSCN0343_zpsc84981f4.jpg

looks like a good fit. Its wider by about 4 inches, hinged midsection is almost exactly the same.
windshield2_zps6e17aa60.png

barato2

Commander

wow. really improves the lines of the boat, and i suspect gives a little more protection from spray.

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Man, looks excellent up there! I looked long and hard for one of those to bolt up to my Sea Nymph to no avail. Great score!

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Hello I have a neighbor next door that broke his windshield it looks like yours -I think. What part of C/L did you search to find yours He has not been able to find one thru any dealer or searching himself. His Boat ia a Slyvan (Smokercraft--Starcraft. Monark . Were much the same Mfg by Taylor which I understand do not make it anymore. Any help will be great. Pugetsound in Mt Vernon Wa.

tincanman

Petty Officer 1st Class

Hello I have a neighbor next door that broke his windshield it looks like yours -I think. What part of C/L did you search to find yours He has not been able to find one thru any dealer or searching himself. His Boat ia a Slyvan (Smokercraft--Starcraft. Monark . Were much the same Mfg by Taylor which I understand do not make it anymore. Any help will be great. Pugetsound in Mt Vernon Wa.

I found it in the boats section. You don't see alot of parts for sale there, but this was on a wreck that was listed for sale whole or parts. He can also try ebay, but I have had bad luck looking for windshields there. Be prepared for sticker shock.

barato2

Commander

i have the feeling that, like motors, they come cheaper with a rotting, title-less glasser attached

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks for the info mabey if I post a wanted in the Jersy area there might be a damaged boat. From the big storm it had to damage a lot of boats, price is not a problem as Insurance will pay me whatever it costs ED Pugetsound

boatnut74

Lieutenant Commander

That new windshield looks like a perfect fit. Nice score.

chriscraft254

Commander

Can you imagine just the cost of replacing one of those curved pieces of glass. You got that cheap cheap. Gonna look great. Just don't drop it!!! :)

redneckpunk

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Great find! Been looking for one myself for my Monark rebuild