94 force 85? yes or no?

My father in law has this engine on a 17ft bowrider, it runseat with 130psi on all cylinders. My ll/u went out and I'm needing an l/u or repower. He said he will take 1000 for boat and all. No title for trailer but has papers for hull and engine. I don't need the boat itself but its in good shape I helped replaceoor stringers, floor foam, and transom about a year ago. It has a new steering box and cable, all controls, and tach, temp, water pressure gauge which I dont have on my boat. So basicly I would strip all gauges steering controls and engine to swap on my boat and swap my stuff on that boat while I get a new l/u for my 115. He has owned the boat for 15 years and bought the motor new for his previous boat. He does not have the boat for sale but due to cancer he doesn't use it anymore and heard of my problem andsaid well u can buy mine. The question is will the 85 force push my boat like my 1977 115 did? And any other things to look closely at on the engine? Any known problems with them? I can probably get the boat for 6-7 hundred. Sounds to good to be true but due to illness and he is out of work and I'm the good son in law that's my deal. Thanks y'all

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: 94 force 85? yes or no?

My father in law has this engine on a 17ft bowrider, it runseat with 130psi on all cylinders. My ll/u went out and I'm needing an l/u or repower. He said he will take 1000 for boat and all. No title for trailer but has papers for hull and engine. I don't need the boat itself but its in good shape I helped replaceoor stringers, floor foam, and transom about a year ago. It has a new steering box and cable, all controls, and tach, temp, water pressure gauge which I dont have on my boat. So basicly I would strip all gauges steering controls and engine to swap on my boat and swap my stuff on that boat while I get a new l/u for my 115. He has owned the boat for 15 years and bought the motor new for his previous boat. He does not have the boat for sale but due to cancer he doesn't use it anymore and heard of my problem andsaid well u can buy mine. The question is will the 85 force push my boat like my 1977 115 did? And any other things to look closely at on the engine? Any known problems with them? I can probably get the boat for 6-7 hundred. Sounds to good to be true but due to illness and he is out of work and I'm the good son in law that's my deal. Thanks y'all

The question is will the 85 force push my boat like my 1977 115 did? NO !

The 85hp is at least 24 years old, as 1989 was the last production year. So, someone is mistaken.

And any other things to look closely at on the engine? Yes, everything. lower unit, compression, ignition, tnt, wiring, etc. And, of course, find out what year it really is.