Can I put some letters and numbers in the middle of boat?

wpg manitoba

Seaman
We all know that boats have to have the licensed numbers on the bow of the boat, but if I put some other numbers in the middle will this be illegal? Since I have a military green boat I wanted to put the numbers 4077th on the middle for fun, (Mash platoon division). But I am concerned if this may be confused with my actual boat license # on the bow and don't want to get in to trouble because of this.

Does anyone know if this could be a problem? Manitoba rules and regulation just talk about the license numbers to be on the bow but doesn't mention anything else.

rallyart

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Can I put some letters and numbers in the middle of boat?

Not a problem. They are not in the area of the registration so they won't cause confusion. Many manufacturers put model numbers in letters the same size as the registration and also very large numbers.

Ned L

Commander

At least in the N.E. United States there is no problem with what you want to do. It looks like you might be from Canada, so I'd check a bit more if I were you.

southkogs

Staff member

... down where I live that's where you list all of your fishin' sponsors on your bass boat. You'd be legal here.