2004 225 Fuel System Help

I have a 225 Evinrude and cant figure out whats wrong. It sat for about and when I took it out it started fine and idled fine but when I got ready to get up on pad it wouldn't run. Just bogged down like it was in a bind. The longer I was out there the worse it got. I drained all of the gas out, changed the fuel filter, took it to a mechanic to check the lower unit and plugs. Everything there checked out good. Took it to try again, idled great, went get on pad, same problem. Then it ran like crap. Any ideas?

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2004 225 Fuel System Help

Things to do. Check the compression on it. Check the spark. Should jump a 7/16" open air gap on a spark tester. Then get into the carbs as they most likely need some attention.

Re: 2004 225 Fuel System Help

The guy that I had check it out said that the compression was good for all cylinders and he also checked the gaps for the plugs and set them all to where they needed to be. However, I haven't looked at the plugs myself, do you think this might be the cause of a fouled plug? I coincidentally ran into the boats previous owner at the boat ramp the other day and he said that this motor liked to foul a plug about every 100 hours. I have owned the boat 2 years and tournament fished heavily but never changed the plugs..... Might be the place to start?