Trim sender wiring through gimbal housing

PatrickBoyle

Seaman Apprentice
Is it possible to purchase the portion of the trim harness that bolts onto the gimbal housing, allowing the wires to pass into the hull? My wires are completely disintegrated, but I don't see that part on the diagram anywhere. Thanks!

Fun Times

Staff member
Re: Trim sender wiring through gimbal housing

What engine package are you working on? Engine & stern drive serial number will help a lot with this question.

Cresco750

Petty Officer 2nd Class

New trim senders come with the wires moulded into them, as opposed to the early style which had wires that were screwed onto the sender. A reasonably easy job to replace.......once the drive and bell housing has been removed. Be very careful when removing the small bolts holding the crush plate over the rubber grommet where the wires pass through the transom assembly.

PatrickBoyle

Seaman Apprentice

Sterndrive is a 1985 vintage MR. SN: A337267. The grommet portion held in with two bolts is what I'm after. Do I understand correctly that it's now sold with the senders as one unit and can't be purchased seperately?

84EdH

Chief Petty Officer

also: new grommet halves (as shown in Dons instructions) are attached to the new sender wires when purchased

PatrickBoyle

Seaman Apprentice

Ah, I see how it all works now after looking at Don's document. Thanks.