looking for the model of this fish finder

86IROC

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The previous owner broke the screen. I'd like to find the same model so I don't have to go through installing a complete system. Anyone have any idea? It's a hummingbird unit.
ETA..the boat is still in storage and I didn't remember to get the model # off it. :facepalm:

boat009_zpsced64050.jpg

UncleWillie

Captain
Re: looking for the model of this fish finder

There is nothing with that shaped case in the Humminbird Lineup.
The Cables, Connectors, and Mounts are the same on most models.

Pick out a new one with similar features and chances are it will drop right in.
A double check with Humminbird support will confirm it.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

I believe it is a wide eye or wide view, I happen to still be using one like it. The screens were known for cracking at the top left, and you can find a replacement on e bay. I just recently got a new old stock side scan transducer for mine. I don't know if the newer ones will work due to its age, its from around 1995. I don't think they will.

64osby

Admiral

I believe it is a wide eye or wide view, I happen to still be using one like it.

+1 I picked a unit on X Bay for $6 and used it to fix a Wide Eye unit.

There should be the model name on the front of the unit and a serial number on the back.

86IROC

Petty Officer 3rd Class

tks guys. I'll keep surfing e-bay till I get the boat home and get the # off it..which I should have done before I stored it for the winter. If the connectors, cables and transducer are the same for all hummingbirds that would be great.

UncleWillie

Captain

If the connectors, cables and transducer are the same for all hummingbirds that would be great.

Other than adding a noise filter, the Power Cable hasn't changed in decades.
When you find the exact model you have, the Humminbird Legacy Section can tell you what transducers are compatible.
Pick out a new unit that uses the same transducer.

But really, is changing out the transducer really that big of a chore?

86IROC

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Other than adding a noise filter, the Power Cable hasn't changed in decades.
When you find the exact model you have, the Humminbird Legacy Section can tell you what transducers are compatible.
Pick out a new unit that uses the same transducer.

But really, is changing out the transducer really that big of a chore?
No it isn't..but it's one more thing on the "to do" list.
If I can pick up the same head unit then it will only take minutes to fix.

gm280

Supreme Mariner

I understand what you are saying about trying to get one that plugs and plays. However, I would be willing to change all the cables and power wires to get a new more up to date unit with a matched transducer as well. It would only take a little extra time to install and the results would work perfectly together without doubt... But to each their own... That way you could sell your old unit with its matching hardware and transducer even easier too...

86IROC

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I'm only going to use it for the "sonar" ability so I know how much water is under me.

86IROC

Petty Officer 3rd Class

well..after buying a humminbird wide one off e-bay..I discovered the hook ups aren't the same. The power cable is but the transducer one isn't. So..it went back on e-bay and I finally scored a wide eye.