need brand and models

john john

Seaman
Like the sea ray 270 select or slx. Hard to find within reasonable distance for me. What other boats would be similiar to look for. Interseted in 2007, 2008 or so year models. Know there are nice boats out there, just not sure of model numbers.

southkogs

Staff member
Re: need brand and models

Welcome aboard:

For used boats, go with condition of boats you like in your price range vs. brand. Boats that are 8 or 10 years old can really have been beaten half to death.

What's showing up in the BOAT LISTINGS in your area?

babbot

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I will add to Slip Aways good suggestions.
258(26 foot) or 268(28 foot) Four Winns. I just boat a 2008 258 and it is a much nicer boat than the comparable Sea Rays I looked at. Sea Rays tended to be base models for some reason which means underpowered and no extras. I guess the price is so high on the SR's the original owners don't want to spend anything extra.

Slip Away

Lieutenant

babbot, good choices, but the 258 and 268 are Vista's (cruisers) The OP is looking at Sea Ray 270 Select , which is a big bowrider.

babbot

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Whoops, I missed the select part of the model.
Still there are many Four Winns bow rider models out there. The models changed since they are no longer Genmar so can't really go by the current website listing if you are looking for an 07-08 but they currently have 3 different models in that size range. The SL series, fun series, and the sundowner series. Hope that helps.
Just saying.. not bias or anything.... ;)