Outboard quick disconect fuel lines

Bill1974

Cadet
While pumping my primer bulb I notice fuel coming out from the connetion point at the engine once the fuel pressue gets to a certain point. Is this a normal overpressure releif? or are my connectors just shot and need replacing? My main engine and kicker do this at noticable diffrent pressures (from bulb).

Evinrude main Eng and a Johnson Kicker.

Bosunsmate

Admiral
Re: Outboard quick disconect fuel lines

Thats where mine leaks when i get to a very firm pressure too. I suppose it has to leak somewhere at a point or you will end up busting it somewhere. Best leaking there id think than inside the cowling where it may catch fire.
So long as its not leaking when running i wouldnt be concerned. Its a vacuum when running too so is a different force

Rick.

Captain

I'd replace your connector or change out the O-ring inside. Best of luck. Rick.

nwcove

Admiral

should be no leaks anywhere, replace the connector. and just a word of advice , get oe parts for that application.

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander

had this happen twice, the first time the clip wasnt locking in its groove completely, bent it out a little so it would reach the slot it goes into and fixed that, the second time the hose from the engine connector to fuel pump cracked behind its clamp had to replace the hose

Bosunsmate

Admiral

That goes for mine too, another part on the list then

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Get the OEM parts for any connectors. Stay away from the "other brands". They Suck. Air :lol:

Bosunsmate

Admiral

Will do too, I cant have anything on it that sucks like that
:yuck: