Anyone on Grand Lake in Oklahoma

Opnine99

Petty Officer 3rd Class
New to the area and wanted to get the rundown of the lake. I keep my boat at Honey Creek Landing....been out a few times on the south end to the dam and back and a few of the coves in between but just want to know the hot spots and fun events to look forward to. Thanks:noidea::noidea:

belleview3

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Anyone on Grand Lake in Oklahoma

Welcome to the lake! You are going to love this summer. . . Spending my weekends on Grand Lake for over 40 years; South Grand is definitely more fun IMO. First of all, go to Grand Lake News Online is a specialized web site promoting Grand Lake, OK, including news, events, boat sales, fishing info, lake information & conditions, regulations, history, photos, food, real estate, lodging & resorts in the Grand Lake area - its a weekly newsletter with updates about events like the rock-the-dock concerts, Bikes Babes & BBQ, etc. Many of the events are on duck creek (millionaire mile). Also, check out "Random Observations from the Grand Lake Bum" on the above mentioned site. The Bum is legendary. . .
Great raft-up places: Dripping Springs - Grand's infamous party place is the first cove downstream of Drowning Creek. Then there is Party Cove - first big cove upstream of Ketchum. My favorite, Summerfield Cove on Drowning Creek. Closer to your area is Woodard Hollow, another popular raft-up.

Great newspaper - The Chronicle of Grand Lake its also in paper form at virtually all stores in Grove.
See ya around the lake!

Opnine99

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thank you for all of the very helpful info. Very excited about the summer hope to see you out there!

camaro9488

Cadet

Hey, I am on grand too. Almost right across the water from Honeycreek marina. You have to go to Uglys and Ozzies. You also have to go to Island Joe's. We may see you there sometime.

Opnine99

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Heading down this evening to check it out some more, may cruise around some more tomorrow.......I feel its best to know my way around and where to go before trying to figure everything out after the season gets fully underway and there is more traffic out and about. Hope to see you guys out there this summer!