remote control

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander
Can anyone identify this Quicksilve remote control? How does the handle come off and is it easy to access the wires attached to see if they are corroded or loose?

Attachments

• REMOTE CONTROL.jpg
    REMOTE CONTROL.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 0

stonyloam

Vice Admiral
Re: remote control

I believe that is a commander sidemount. You remove the handle by loosening the setscrew on the underside of the handle. From your question I am guessing that you are having trouble with the trim. If so the problem is more likely to be the trim limit switch in the stern than the wires in the handle, pretty easy to check to determine where the problem is.

Bayou Dave

Lieutenant Commander

I believe that is a commander sidemount. You remove the handle by loosening the setscrew on the underside of the handle. From your question I am guessing that you art having trouble with the trim. If so the problem is more likely to be the trim limit switch in the stern than the wires in the handle, pretty easy to check to determine where the problem is.

I checked the wires at the solenoid and they are good. The up switch works good when I play with the trim button and it finally catches. The down trim works fine. I am following the wires back from the solenoid and figure I may end up back at the remote control. I don't know which model # the Commander is.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

HERE is the manual for that control.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Don to the rescue again! You must be a walking repair manual for all boating questions. Thanks....

Not all, but just over 12 Gigabytes worth.