1991 175 XP water pump kit help!!

saxmanbrad

Cadet
Hello everyone, I thought this would a quick and easy job, but alas, the boat gods are laughing at me today... Anyways, the motor is a 1991 Rude VE175SLEID. Dropped the lower unit, and spent a good 45 mins getting the impeller off the driveshaft, it was stuck on pretty good. Here's my question, I thought I was pretty sure I have the right kit....Sierra 18-3392, but the gasket and lower plate are shaped just slightly different, and bolt holes just barely line up, just doesn't look like it will seal up correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

saxmanbrad

Cadet
Re: 1991 175 XP water pump kit help!!

Hello everyone, I thought this would a quick and easy job, but alas, the boat gods are laughing at me today... Anyways, the motor is a 1991 Rude VE175SLEID. Dropped the lower unit, and spent a good 45 mins getting the impeller off the driveshaft, it was stuck on pretty good. Here's my question, I thought I was pretty sure I have the right kit....Sierra 18-3392, but the gasket and lower plate are shaped just slightly different, and bolt holes just barely line up, just doesn't look like it will seal up correctly. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Never mind! operator error!!