Help identify this pontoon trailer bracket

deancass2000

Cadet
Here's the deal.....bought a new 24' pontoon trailer. The bunks do not sit high enough for me and I can not trailer my boat with the outboard down because it is hitting the trailer rear brace in the "down" position. I need to lift the bunks up but the current trailer has no adjustments. I have seen trailers with the bunk support brackets like in the pic attached. Does anyone no where to buy them or what kind of bracket they are called?

Attachments

• tall bunk bracket.jpg
    tall bunk bracket.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 0
  • tall bunk bracket 2.jpg
    tall bunk bracket 2.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 0

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Help identify this pontoon trailer bracket

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... I'd call it a Bunk Support,...

It looks to be in good shape, Why ya askin',..??

Googlin' 'toon trailer parts suppliers oughta bring ya up some Ideas,....

deancass2000

Cadet

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard,... I'd call it a Bunk Support,...

It looks to be in good shape, Why ya askin',..??

Googlin' 'toon trailer parts suppliers oughta bring ya up some Ideas,....

Look, mine aren't high enough, I need the ones in the pic. Google doesn't show anything.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Those brackets are custom made by the trailer manufacturer, not likely to find them at any supply house.

It would be easier and cheaper to just get a transom saver and tow with the outboard raised.

460-ADJ-black--rgb--copy_fu.jpg

deancass2000

Cadet

Ayuh,.... I just googled "pontoon trailer Bunk Support", 'n got This, the manufacturer of the bracket in yer picture, as the top link on the 1st page....

Their phone number is at the bottom of the page... ;)

er, uh...doh.......already had called these guys and they don't sell these brackets to the public. Let me ask a different way........has anyone ever purchased a set of these brackets, like in the picture, if so.....where and what were they called?

deancass2000

Cadet

Those brackets are custom made by the trailer manufacturer, not likely to find them at any supply house.

It would be easier and cheaper to just get a transom saver and tow with the outboard raised.

460-ADJ-black--rgb--copy_fu.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion but I don't want a transom saver, I want the raised bunk brackets.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Mine dose the same thing, I added a V block style bow stop to the back cross member and now it sits on rubber so it dosnt hurt a thing.

CES-29552_med.jpg

BobGinCO

Chief Petty Officer

You raise your bunks, and you may make it impossible to launch/retrieve your boat. You really want those bunks to be as low as possible! I started looking at changing the wheels on my trailer from 10" to 14", and while it's possible, it would also mean that the bunks would be 2" higher off the ramp - or even more. Just how far into the water do you want to drive your tow rig, when launching?

Use the transom saver. Really.

deancass2000

Cadet

You raise your bunks, and you may make it impossible to launch/retrieve your boat. You really want those bunks to be as low as possible! I started looking at changing the wheels on my trailer from 10" to 14", and while it's possible, it would also mean that the bunks would be 2" higher off the ramp - or even more. Just how far into the water do you want to drive your tow rig, when launching?

Use the transom saver. Really.

I appreciate the response and I know it's hard to make a judgement call without knowing all the facts that someone can post in a forum such as this. Fact is, the lake I use has plenty of room for me to launch my boat. I just don't like the transom savers is all.........my other pontoon boat I used to own was a Haulrite trailer and it had the taller bunks and I was able to load unload just fine.........

I feel like I went into a Chevy dealer to buy a corvette and people are trying to talk me into getting a Prius...........