Water in bilge even when on muffs.

lrdchaos

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a small leak into my bilge area on my boat. I noticed it the other day after running it on the muffs for the first time this year. After 15 minutes of running it had a gallon or 2. Could it be the bellows, or do they only leak when the boat is in the water? I tried to see if I could spot a leak a couple of days ago with no luck. Thanks in advance.

Edit.... Boat was winterized in fall of 2011, never ran in 2012 due to a baby. Boat was stored in my garage and never subjected to below freezing conditions.

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
Re: Water in bilge even when on muffs.

Check the bellow on the risers,core plugs,drain plugs on the block and manifolds,cracked hoses,loose clamps,and anything that could leak!You may have to get in there with a flashlight and mirror to see where it came from.Bellows would not cause it on the trailer but should be checked anyway.also the y- pipe where it bolts to the inner gimble housing has a gaskt,hard to see but could do it too.
Good luck!

dubs283

Vice Admiral

After 15 minutes of running it had a gallon or 2.

this sounds like quite a noicable leak, definitely not just a drip

like stated before, look everywhere on the engine with a bright flashlite - you should see the water coming somewhere

lrdchaos

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep...looks like I have a little standing on my head to do tomorrow.