1999 searay 215 express cruiser prop size

I have the boat listed above and was thinking of going to a stainless prop and i was wondering what would the best prop be for my boat? it has a 5.0 mercruiser with right around 200 hours that runs fine. we dont really do alot of sking or tubing but do every once in awhile. last year we have 3 adults and 4 kids and was having a hard time plaining out.
If i went to a four blade would it give me more speed and also is it the lower the number on the prop that the boat goes faster or vice versa? thanks in advance for your help

Georgesalmon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 1999 searay 215 express cruiser prop size

First, you need to post what your prop size now is and what the engine and boat are doing. We need WOT engine rpm, speed, gps preferred, and current prop size in diameter and pitch. You'll find that under the prop nut. Pitch is the second number and it is the number of inches that the prop will move forward in one revolution with no slip. So a 19 pitch will move 19" and a 15 pitch will move 15". The higher the pitch the more power it takes to turn it. Your motor must stay in its designed rpm range. The hp and weight of the boat and lots of other things determine the pitch. The answer to your question is that the higher the pitch the faster the boat will go IF your motor has enough power to turn it. If you had trouble getting on plane you might need a lower pitch prop, but that depends on what rpm the motor runs at WOT and if the motor is working correctly.