1974 650 thunderbolt ign

tony_k7570614

Recruit
heres what ive done so far, I had the block shipped to Fl to be bored out .15 over, got new pistons, rings, roller pins, reid valves, I soaked the carbs and replaced the floats, all new gaskets all the way around. I did leave the water thermostat out since I live in tx, (and I don't go fishing when its cold). it was extremely hard to start, I had to run gas/oil mix strait into the spark plug hole to get it to start, took it to the shop, the mech found a reid that moved over and was not sealing up, cost me 700.00,, some days later I noticed a bad miss, like was trying to backfire. I marked the TDC of all pistons ontop of the flywheel and put a timeing light to it, it was fireing all over the place. I located a rebuilt trigger and put it together. now the timeing light is showing that the engine is doing right, fireing where its suppose to on all 3. but im back to running gas into the spark plug hole to get it to start and it misses bad. idle it down slow enough and it just quits.. I just hope its not a reid,, I really don't feel like paying another 700.00 or getting my comealone out to pull that engine to pull it apart. I am going to pull the little fuel pump/check ball or whatever that is, im also going to get another ign switch and wire it in (its cheap), anybody have any tricks that I can check or any thoughts?? any help would be grealy appericated