Need help, I'm replacing all the wires In my boat

Checkmate89

Recruit
Hello guys!! I'm all new to this stuff and I want to replace all the wiring to the boat, the wires are old, and corroded, I'm not sure if I need a distribution block, fuse panel or a buss bar, I want it to look nice and neat . I currently have a small fuse box and a buss bar installed , I want install all new stuff, and want to make sure it will hold power for me electronics like stereo system, marine radio, bilge pump and all of my other boat controls, Please help... Thanks

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Need help, I'm replacing all the wires In my boat

While the above is an option, it's also expensive.

Best thing to do is sit down and figure out what you want and where you want it. Make yourself a layout of that with the number of switches, what they control, how many batteries how you want them hooked up etc. Then post here and we can help you figure out how to wire it.

Here is a couple of diagrams I did for a member after he posted what he wanted. Haven't heard from him sense so not sure how it turned out.

View attachment GW Batt.pdf View attachment GW Wiring Diagrams.pdf

blindreef

Cadet

That is one fine masterpiece Don S. Very Nice! I hope I can find you when I get ready to re-wire my boat.

blackhawk180

Petty Officer 1st Class

Dang, Don S. Those are keepers. Printed and filed. Thanks!

Gradywhite3535

Chief Petty Officer

Hey don, it came out great. Thanks alot

Checkmate89

Recruit

Hello again, I have decided to sell my 81 checkmate. I'm moving on and purchasing a crownline 250 cr. if anyone is interested please contact me at my email at gattuso11385@gmail.com or my cell 917-861-7036, thanks guys