Wont Do Nothing

jklowes2002

Recruit
I have an 2007 Ebbtide 180se, I try to start it and it does nothing.... I can use a screw driver and jump the seloinode and it will start.... It seems like it starting acting up last summer and I could move the throttle back and fourth and it would work, kinda wiggle it a bit. I look on the backside of the throttle and it is all sealed should I remove it and how or can I trouble shoot this....Any ideas would be great?

dwco5051

Commander
Re: Wont Do Nothing

When you turn the key on do your gauges work? If the only problem is the failure of the key to activate the starter and the fact you mentioned wiggling the throttle back and forth worked before it sounds like the neutral safety switch has gone bad.

Sorry I can't tell you how to take it apart without actually seeing it (a picture of the set up would help) but there is a 99 out of a hundred chance that is where your trouble lies.

aussieflash

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Check ignition contacts are clean and free of any corrosion.Check all connections are tight.

CharlieB

Vice Admiral

Check the small yellow wire with the red trace lead on the starter relay for power when the ignition is turned to crank, if nothing then either the starter lockout switch in the control box or the ignition switch need to be checked out.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Howdy, JK.

Welcome to iboats. :)

Please identify your outboard (if it is an outboard).