no patients

no patients

Recruit
I have 2 merc 470s in an Apollo Ranger Cruiser. The starboard engine always ran hotter than the port engine and if you continued to push it, it would over heat eventually. Last fall on the trip to take it out of the water it stopped idling and you could tell from the steam in the exhaust that more than 1 cyl was taking coolant.

With the head gasket getting replaced, could that be the problem?

It has a closed cooling system impeller new in the leg. Could the problem be in the heat exchanger.

Any ideas on where I should look for the problem if you don't think the head gasket will clear up the problem.

Appreciate it...no patients

BonairII

Commander
Re: no patients

Are you an out-of-work doctor? You have no patients? :lol:

The word is patience.

(just kiddin around)

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: no patients

I have 2 merc 470s in an Apollo Ranger Cruiser. The starboard engine always ran hotter than the port engine and if you continued to push it, it would over heat eventually. Last fall on the trip to take it out of the water it stopped idling and you could tell from the steam in the exhaust that more than 1 cyl was taking coolant.

With the head gasket getting replaced, could that be the problem?

It has a closed cooling system impeller new in the leg. Could the problem be in the heat exchanger.

Any ideas on where I should look for the problem if you don't think the head gasket will clear up the problem.

Appreciate it...no patients

Hello. I've seen this many times in the past and still people overlook it. Have a read of THIS. It could easily be your problem.