Bayliner Prop Selection

jaysz280

Recruit
Hello everyone i am a first timer here on iboats and it appears this is the right place to be for some help picking out a new prop for my boat. I am trying to increase my pulling performance since this is what the boat is used for. Currently i have 14" X 19P aluminum prop on the boat and i want to change to an aluminum 4 blade to increase the pulling power and to keep the bow down at lower speeds. Am i on the right track? Below is all of my info.

2007 Bayliner 19.5ft
Mercruiser 5.0 liter engine
Current prop 14" X 19P
Mostly used for Tubing and Skiing
Current RPM's at WOT is 5300
The boat does hit the rev limiter if raise the trim at WOT
Not really concerned about top end just want the perform its best while pulling
Hopefully i can save some gas too!

cr2k

Captain
Re: Bayliner Prop Selection

Performance and fuel economy are on opposite ends of the scale. How high are you trimming the engine? Sounds like you are propped about right.

jestor68

Commander
Re: Bayliner Prop Selection

Since your WOT rpm range is 4600-5000 rpm, you are over speeding your motor now.

For better pulling power(static thrust), I suggest a 15-1/4 X 19 Solas Rubex 3 blade SS prop. That prop will serve to lower your WOT rpm to it's recommended limit, while giving you much greater pulling power.

A less expensive alternative would be a Solas Amita 15-3/10 X 19(aluminum) prop.

Bottom line; small diameter prop for speed, and large diameter prop for (pulling) power.