Bellhousing Bushing Kit / Shift Shaft Bushings, shift shaft seal

mguidry629

Seaman
23-805041A2 is the part number I found on this website:

Bell Housing Parts

I called about 10 dealers in my area and no one has these in stock. I don't think mine was leaking, but I see it's a good idea to replace when you do the shift cable (I'm replacing the shift cable).

I have all the other parts I need to replace the shift cable and I was hoping to get it done this weekend.

Is there another part # that would fit? I assume the Alpha One Gen 2's won't work?

achris

More fish than mountain goat
Re: Bellhousing Bushing Kit / Shift Shaft Bushings, shift shaft seal

23-805041A2 is the part number I found on this website:

If you're working on an MC-1, R, MR or Alpha One, then you have the right part.

mguidry629 said:
I called about 10 dealers in my area and no one has these in stock. I don't think mine was leaking, but I see it's a good idea to replace when you do the shift cable (I'm replacing the shift cable).

Yes.

mguidry629 said:
I have all the other parts I need to replace the shift cable and I was hoping to get it done this weekend.

Is there another part # that would fit? I assume the Alpha One Gen 2's won't work?

No and no....

Chris......

mguidry629

Seaman

Okay, thanks. That's what I figured. I see Sierra sells the same part 18-2622. Any recommendations on whether I should get the Mercruiser part or the Sierra?

achris

More fish than mountain goat

Personal choice. I usually choose OEM (If it's an engine parts that GM made... I buy that... Keep Merc out of that equation as much as possible... :D:D)

wrench 3

Commander

I've installed a couple of the 18-2622 and have had no complaints. I also used one in my own drive. They fit good and work well. Our local supplier stocks them, so it shouldn't be hard to get.