1985 force 85 hp Jet do they make one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all new here so I lost the bottom piston in my motor last weekend. So I will just rebuild it find all the parts I needed and was just checking around. Does anyone know if they even make a jet unit that would fit the 1985 force 85 hp its a 856x5L, I was going to but a jet but with a rebuild motor if they make a jet kit to fit it would just go that way.

pnwboat

Rear Admiral
Re: 1985 force 85 hp Jet do they make one

I've seen a few used jet lower ends that were advertised as compatible with Force motors. I would assume that they are very rare and hard to find if they exist at all.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

There were some jet boats that did use a Force engine, but they were inboard, not outboard.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

pnwboat's right,they make them,not sure who or where???
Last year there was a post from a guy in Croatia?? He posted pics from a jet.
I think he used it to run a river over there.
The PWC site/forum would be the place to look,there are a few people on that site who are real knowledgable on that subject.
PWC (Jetskis, Waverunners, etc.) Try here??

Thanks I had a guy tell me they make a unit that will match up with the 85 force but its not made for it. Does anyone know what other motor had lower units that matched up with the 85hp force from 1985 maybe that's what they used ?

Thanks Jerry I will check out the other forum as well

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

No other outboards lower units will fit a Force/Chrysler.

Ok Thanks Jerry just looking to find a jet pump unit that will fit the lower unit and they don't list Force/Chrysler anywhere. Don't know if mer/mar used the same unit and that's what the guy was using that said he put a jet pump on his 86 force 85hp.

jerryjerry05

Supreme Mariner

See!!! Ask and someone will have an answer!!!Way to go PNW!!

Captain Nino

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I just bought an 89 force with a jet pump. I don't know if it's the same as the 85 or not. I'm kind of wondering how much the jet is worth actually....?

Status
Not open for further replies.