Trim sender swicth

Hardhat10

Recruit
I have 4.3 mercruiser 1991 alpha1 gen.2. I just got done replacing bellows ,I reinstalled everything back the way it was and for some reason I'm adjusting trim sender swicth I can't get the gauge needle to sit in middle of gauge,it either goes all the way up ,or all the way down, nothing in the middle no matter how slow I try to turn sending switch.can somebody tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Trim sender swicth

You have the gauge sender and the trim limit switches reversed. They are labeled Port and Starboard. Gauge sender should be on the starboard side of the gimbal ring.

Hardhat10

Recruit

You have the gauge sender and the trim limit switches reversed. They are labeled Port and Starboard. Gauge sender should be on the starboard side of the gimbal ring.

I will check first thing tomorrow ,but, I'm pretty sure starboard is on the correct side (r).and the port side is the swicth witch is operating correct.but I will double check.thanks

cecho

Petty Officer 1st Class

I had the same problem when I installed mine. It seems like there are about three areas that the needle will register, but only one works like it should. There is a marker on the trim sender that should line up with a mark on the shaft of the trim sender when you go to put the trim sender on the gimbal ring. I think I had to move mine one notch from the marker to get it to work correctly.