remote throtle replacement

flightrisk

Cadet
All,
I am perplexed and need some help. I have a 2000 Larson SEI186 with a 4.3 volvo. I need to replace the side mount conceled throttle (beside the captains seat). The original part number is OMC 0176482, which accordiing to every site I go to crosses to a BRP 5006561. I ordered it and it pushes the throttle cable rather than pull it. I have looked at it with several mechanics and it cannot be changed. This is not a direct replacement for my throttle. Has anyone run across this?

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: remote throtle replacement

Post a picture of your original control that you want to replace.
I don't know why you are using OMC numbers for your Volvo, and I sure don't know what they look like.

flightrisk

Cadet

Don,
Thanks for the reply. I have attached the break down of the original concealed throttle / shift quadrant. I would provide an actual picture, but a buddy of mine has it at the moment to see if his boating friends can find something in their boat yard.throttle.jpg I realize the engine and outdrive are volvo, but this is what appears to be installed from the factory. I would like to find a new replacement unit that fits my boat's requirements, and although I have thought of several ways to make the "replacement" unit work, I would like to find something that is a direct replacement.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

That's an OMC unit, just get a new Teleflex control. They are the ones that makes controls for Volvo. They just put Volvo names on them,

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

When you switch to a newer control, you will likely have to get new cables as the ones for your control had the OMC style ends at the control.

flightrisk

Cadet

When you switch to a newer control, you will likely have to get new cables as the ones for your control had the OMC style ends at the control.

Thanks Don and Bruce for the feedback. I think I may have found an option with teleflex. I have the specs and will compare with what I currently have and order if it looks like it will work. I understand that I may have to replace cabes, and I am okay with that, they do not cost much. It is much better than having to re-engineer the engeine controls, etc. I appreciate your time and will let you know how it works out.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Look at the Volvo control. Even though they are made by Teleflex and sold with Volvo's name on it, it was less expensive when I bought mine. Little more than $200