What kind of boat is this

noideawhat

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Bought a boat no idea what its actual came is I know it's somewhere near 1986 20 ft Doral with a mercruiser v6/205... Help

Attachments

• IMAG0792.jpg
    IMAG0792.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 0

jestor68

Commander
Re: What kind of boat is this

It looks like there's a name on the side under the jacket.

It wouldn't be surprising if nobody ever heard of it, since lots of boat builders were only in business for a short time.

southkogs

Staff member

Welcome aboard.

Check your capacity plate and registration. Registration will usually have a model listed, and the capacity plate will usually have model and serial number.

noideawhat

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yup the kijiji add that's it. It just says Doral under the jacket but I was wonderin if there was a model or something..now the marina said somethin about a certain type of fuel for this motor but I have no idea what he was talkin about its a mercruiser v6/205 that's all I know. Thx for the help I'm obviously new,hence I have no idea what type of boat I bought lol

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

Your registration papers tell the manufacturer. Your capacity plate tells the model. The owner's manual for the engine tells the fuel requirements.

If you don't have a manual, google Mercury Marine and wade thru the links to find the engine specs.

Doral Marine is out of business. Google Fiberglassics.com and they should have a link to help you out with older models.

Go back to the marina and ask him to splain to you what he told you.

noideawhat

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Marine is 8 hrs away so no option there, just said somethin bout a fuel additive..no capacity plate and.I'm still waiti. On owner ship. I believe from what I've seen tho it's a 1989 Doral classic cd..... Hope I'm right

southkogs

Staff member

... can ya' call the Marina and ask?

An '89 I/O shouldn't need any particular additive (that I can think of). I've got a '72 and I generally run the stuff straight outta' the pump.