the neighbors must think I'm nuts

m.qualls89

Petty Officer 2nd Class
So it hit 50 degrees here today and I'm loving it! Boating season is almost here so I went out and pulled my l.u. to change the impellar and dhift shaft seal. I couldn't help it I cranked up the radio and sat there in my back seat relaxing and dreaming of summer lol.

chris.j.marshall

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: the neighbors must think I'm nuts

A canned beer is always a nice touch too. It's commonplace if we're hosting a BBQ or get together for the men to congregate in the boat while it's sitting in the garage. Them women usually stay clear of the garage and the kids can't climb in by themselves.

littlerayray

Lieutenant

yeah ive been getting drunk in my boat most nice weekends waiting for the ice to melt
my neighbours think im "special"
we all do it some of us sit there making boat motor noises :tsk:

cr2k

Captain

When I can't sleep I will sit in the bow (boat in driveway) late nite and watch all the little wanna be bangers run around the neighborhood. They never suspect I am there and it scares the hell out of them when I say something!

kfa4303

Banned

I think that's awesome! The neighbors are just jealous :) Not to worry, Spring will be here before you know it.

m.qualls89

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yeah ive been getting drunk in my boat most nice weekends waiting for the ice to melt
my neighbours think im "special"
we all do it some of us sit there making boat motor noises :tsk:
Ya I was doin that too lmao

BrianNJ

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Gee. I though it was just me. Thanks for this.

mxcobra

Chief Petty Officer

spent most of today in the boat, and yes its funny peaple come and go at the house. No one evan knows Im in there. A parked boat in the driveway is the perfact hiding place.

crabby captain john

Lieutenant Commander

I had to buy an indoor dry slip - a dock-ominium or my wife was going to have me committed.

90stingray

Lieutenant Junior Grade

When I can't sleep I will sit in the bow (boat in driveway) late nite and watch all the little wanna be bangers run around the neighborhood. They never suspect I am there and it scares the hell out of them when I say something!

That's funny right there...

My boat is in the garage. And when the door is up, radio is on and I am usually cleaning or working on something boat related. Not uncommon to be sitting in it and drinking beer. Always get a few people staring a little... I think they just have boat envy. Wife says they just think I'm nuts.

little.boat

Seaman

I've been fooling with mine in the garage for a week now. Supposed to be 55 tomorrow and I'm going to splash it and do some fishing. Of course the nights are still real cold so back to the garage she will go;)

JoLin

Vice Admiral

I stand at the helm and make motor noises...

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

Its simple do not ask them out this year.

boataway

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hahahaha. i feel better now. i do the same. it's just a nice place to be. thanks for making me seem less insane.

masongardner

Petty Officer 3rd Class

So it hit 50 degrees here today and I'm loving it! Boating season is almost here so I went out and pulled my l.u. to change the impellar and dhift shaft seal. I couldn't help it I cranked up the radio and sat there in my back seat relaxing and dreaming of summer lol.

hahahaha. awesome. im going to pick mine up from storage today to get it ready for the season. i also will probably get caught behind the steering wheel making vroom vroom noises lol.

My stern points west. I sit in my boat trailered on my side yard and watch the sunset while drinking a beer when I can't be on the water. Sometimes I have the radio on. Sometimes I am running the motor on ear muffs so it seems like I am in the water.

My wife, kid, and neighbors think I am crazy.

brnschoneck

Petty Officer 1st Class

blahhh hahahahahh sooooo funny im always back doing sumn on mine trying to splash this weekend for a lil bit but i am in the mood to get the trailer painted ,and decided im going to use woods method to repaint my truck, and sides of boat gnna do a rustos red and blue may just keep bottom white for know !!! ill start a thread soon ...hahaha i can get trailer ready this weekend mayb get some primer on her !!! when this is all done im planning on picking up a tinnie to do soooo excited been looking on cl already !!! YYYYY IS THIS SOOOO ADDICTIVE !!! LOL ALLLL THE WAY HONME