Djohns19 - Got a queston for you

Rick K

Petty Officer 1st Class
Djohns19 - Was studying your boat pics again tonite (nope, not a physcho or anything) and I am looking to get the same size/type of rubrail insert that you have on your boat. Saw that yours looks pretty new, was wondering if you had replaced it.<br /><br />Mine's a 61 Starcraft - this rubrail looks pretty common as I see it on a lot of different boats, but I don't see it for sale anywhere. The aluminum is like a standard "C" channel, and the insert is like a slotted half round.<br /><br />I got the Taco Metals catalog, along with a host of others but they show everything but. Any idea where I can get score about 50 of it?<br /><br />Thanks<br />Rick K

Rick K

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Djohns19 - Got a queston for you

Thanks... I checked West - I have a store right around the corner from me. I'll be poor, come spring. They said to bring the whole thing in, and they'd try to match something up. I'm sure I'll get something.<br /><br />Kinda funny with this one; this design is so darn common, I can't see someone not having it.<br /><br />I've just decided to strip the entire boat and start fresh. Might as well - I need something to keep me off the streets...!<br /><br />Rick K

D

DJ

Rick,<br /><br />If your gunnel rail is a "C" channel, have you thought about installing rope in it?<br /><br />You can do it on most "C" channel rails and it looks very good, and unique too!

Rick K

Petty Officer 1st Class

I saw the "rope method" in a search I did on this subject. Something I might try. As soon as the rain stops, I'm going to take a section of the rail off, and run over to West and see what they have that might work. Since the boat is so small, I don't think it'll be more than a couple hundred bucks to replace it all. <br /><br />Thanks for the input...<br /><br />Rick K

G DANE

Commander

I dont know by you, but here rubrail insert can be bought seperately. The companies that buil up trucks have them in a catalogue, and it isnt that expensive.