Would you buy this boat?

DimeloCantando

Recruit
987654.JPG97654321.jpg

A friend of mine(on his 70s) is selling me this boat,I love fishing but I have no idea if this a good deal or not,I have almost no info about the boat other than is a 14 feet aluminum boat with a Johnson engine,he has offered it to me for $1750 including also the trailer,it's this a good price?what about the engine?he says it has not been used much,please give me some advise,thanks in advance.
I have pictures but I don't know of I can attach them here.

I'll talk to him tomorrow and will have more info available about the hours of the engine and brand of the boat.

Last edited by a moderator:

coolbri70

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Would you buy this boat?

sounds reasonable if it's water ready. boat motor trailer

jbjennings

Captain

I don't like the boat, so I wouldn't. If you like the boat and can test it out before you buy, not bad at all.
JMO,
JBJ

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,.... Post yer question in ONLY 1 forum....

'n Please read the forum postin' guidle lines, 'n rules...

Thank you...

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

What horsepower is the motor? Also where are you located? Boat prices vary widely across the continent.

I'm guessing that motor is in the 15-25hp range??? Need more information. $1750 sounds a little high but it definitely depends on what part of the country/world you are in, the horsepower of the motor, and what is included with the purchase. I saw what looked like a tiller-style trolling motor in the boat. Is that included? Trailer as well?

Maintenance records also help pump up the value of the package.