Volvo pin removal tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

boater50

Cadet
So, I need to replace my trim sender on my '96 DP-s drive.......the sender is about 125-150.00- not too bad.....but I also need the special Volvo tool to remove and replace the 3 little pins in the connector cable. WHen I looked on the Volvo Penta parts web site I was blown away by the prices!! The removal tool is 94.00 and the replacement tool is 170.00!! Can this be true? The part #'s are 3854350 & 3854349. Are there cheaper- much cheaper alternatives than the genuine Volvo tool??
Thanks,

STeve

buckeroo

Cadet
Re: Volvo pin removal tool

Try ebay or Google with this number: CDI OMC Amphenol Tool Set 553-2700
Not much better but that's the ones that I purchased and worked like a charm

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

Curious why you need to replace the pins. If you really did need to replace the pins, I would just wire up any old connector on each side of the harness and you only need two of the wires anyway.

buckeroo

Cadet

Curious why you need to replace the pins. If you really did need to replace the pins, I would just wire up any old connector on each side of the harness and you only need two of the wires anyway.

Per Don S instructions in the Volvo stickies
http://forums.iboats.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=98994&stc=1&d=1308598913

The tools are just for removal and insertion of the pins without hosing up a $130.00 part

It's just the correct way to do it

boater50

Cadet

Thanks! A much better price.....and this tool will work on the trim sender wiring? Is that what you purchased it to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.