Can someone please help tell me what model this boat is or any specs on it

mikeyce

Cadet
I have looked everywhere on the internet and phoned everywhere no one knows who made the boat or has any info on it. The title says concept holding corp on it but that's all i know. Ive searched for concepts and cant find any like this?

Boat is a 1988 28ft center console, has twin 454 engines in it with king cobra out-drives. Supposedly has 300 gallon gas tank and that's all i can find. Its for sale and the owner doesn't really know much.

Thanks You!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 0

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Can someone please help tell me what model this boat is or any specs on it

What's the HIN number on the transom or title?

Concept Holding Corp shows as an out-of-buisness manufacturer from Hialeah Garden, FL.

mikeyce

Cadet

What's the HIN number on the transom or title?

Concept Holding Corp shows as an out-of-buisness manufacturer from Hialeah Garden, FL.

Yea i read that to and I am guessing they reopened under the new name concept now but not sure since they are totally different boats....Hull id number from the pic he sent me of the title is (FR128xxxxxxx) i think (pic is a little blurry)

spoilsofwar

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Okay, its FRI, not FR1.

Concept Marine

Shows as inactive, so if they reopened, they have a different MIC now.

mikeyce

Cadet

Okay, its FRI, not FR1.

Concept Marine

Shows as inactive, so if they reopened, they have a different MIC now.

Thanks for the help ill try contacting some numbers off the pages and see where it leads. Thanks!

frantically relaxing

Senior Chief Petty Officer

That thing has TWO King Cobra's?

Want to know what's harder to find than the maker of your boat? Search for King Cobra parts. Pick anything...

I'd give that issue some serious consideration before buying TWO of 'em...

Just my 2 cents--

Bondo

Staff member

I have looked everywhere on the internet and phoned everywhere no one knows who made the boat or has any info on it. The title says concept holding corp on it but that's all i know. Ive searched for concepts and cant find any like this?

Boat is a 1988 28ft center console, has twin 454 engines in it with king cobra out-drives. Supposedly has 300 gallon gas tank and that's all i can find. Its for sale and the owner doesn't really know much.

Thanks You!

Ayuh,.... That's Why the owner is playin' Stupid,....

He's hopin' you don't figure out just how Bad the King Cobra drives are,...

Parts are NLA, OMC went Outa Business over a Decade ago....

mikeyce

Cadet

Ayuh,.... That's Why the owner is playin' Stupid,....

He's hopin' you don't figure out just how Bad the King Cobra drives are,...

Parts are NLA, OMC went Outa Business over a Decade ago....

Hmmm...well id be rebuilding the engines anyway and go thru the whole boat to make like new. What if i sold the omc stuff and threw some bravos on there? OMC stuff should be worth a few bucks since there so rare right......?

Bondo

Staff member

Hmmm...well id be rebuilding the engines anyway and go thru the whole boat to make like new. What if i sold the omc stuff and threw some bravos on there? OMC stuff should be worth a few bucks since there so rare right......?

Ayuh,.... Have ya priced out yer plan,..??

Seems to me, buyin' a boat configured the way ya want it is a 'ell of alot cheaper, 'n No doubt easier....

Just dressin' the motors with Merc accessories is gonna be worth more than the completed boat...
'n you'd Still need to buy 2 Complete Bravo drives...

You'll have a Brand new boats price invested in a nearly 20 Year old barge...

81 Checkmate

Lieutenant

Bravos are Mercrusier brand.........And OMC IS OMC

Nothing interchangable about um.... You need the whole package...Drive,Transom,inner/outer and coupling.. And rework the transom holes.......X-2

Mel Taylor

Chief Petty Officer

My bet is that if you buy that thing you're going to end up with a twenty eight foot long back yard ornament.

mikeyce

Cadet

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I still haven't figured out what style boat it is or if they ever made another one like it but have found out a lot about the drives and configurations.

Whats everyone's guess on what they think the boat would run at cruise and WOT with the 7.4L motors and King cobra drives if it was setup stock like it came day one? Also what do you think it would burn at cruise? Guy said it cruised at 35mph at 2600-2700 rpm....

Thanks everyone

southkogs

Staff member

Thanks for all the replies everyone. I still haven't figured out what style boat it is or if they ever made another one like it but have found out a lot about the drives and configurations.

Whats everyone's guess on what they think the boat would run at cruise and WOT with the 7.4L motors and King cobra drives if it was setup stock like it came day one? Also what do you think it would burn at cruise? Guy said it cruised at 35mph at 2600-2700 rpm....

Thanks everyone
When you search for a boat, look for center console boats over 25' and you'll find similar hits to that one. Personally, when you get to that size I prefer the walk around cuddys but I know why people like the center consoles too. I don't think it's that unique that you can't find another one.

35MPH sounds in the ballpark for that boat. Speed is not necessarily the main consideration with 'em (though it helps), it's more about handling big water and big fish. BTW - the old rule on fuel usage, "if you have to ask - you can't afford it." (I actually don't know on that boat).

The one detail I didn't see in the thread was what the asking price was on the boat?

Thanks everyone
The others were playing nice. I won't. You clearly are in love with this thing. Stop it. That boat is not a boat. It's a financial nightmare. Forget about speeds. Forget about tank capacity. Move on!

Most people who seem dumb when selling a boat, know exactly what they are doing and what information they are withholding. The dumb people are the buyers who don't know anything about the boat, the motors, or what it will really take and cost to fix it - if even possible. Walk away. Walk away. Walk away

Maybe I'll catch heat for being so direct, but hopefully I saved you from financial ruin. That's my one and only objective here

Mel Taylor

Chief Petty Officer

The others were playing nice. I won't. You clearly are in love with this thing. Stop it. That boat is not a boat. It's a financial nightmare. Forget about speeds. Forget about tank capacity. Move on!

Most people who seem dumb when selling a boat, know exactly what they are doing and what information they are withholding. The dumb people are the buyers who don't know anything about the boat, the motors, or what it will really take and cost to fix it - if even possible. Walk away. Walk away. Walk away

Maybe I'll catch heat for being so direct, but hopefully I saved you from financial ruin. That's my one and only objective here

AMEN! When the seller of anything tells you that he doesn't know much about what he or she is selling it's almost a certainty that he or she is trying to make sure that you can't come back and cry fraud. This I know from experience. I've been where you are only with something other than a boat, and I got burned big time. It seems to me that you are determined not to see or hear what we're trying to warn you about. So, good luck with your project.

UncleWillie

Captain

Reality Check.

Merc Bravo 1 Outdrives are $6000 a copy. Brave 2's and 3's are even more.
Add shipping, Trim pumps, Repairing the transom to fit, Engine Couplings, etc. ....
Figure $15,000 to $20,000 and a whole bunch of labor, Yours or a shops. $$$

Engine rebuilds may be in the near future.
Add to that, a 25 year old Orphan boat.

mikeyce

Cadet

LOL i really appreciate the responses guys. I'm not connected to the boat and have no feelings regarding it. Ive owned 6 boats in my life time but all were newer. 2008 35ft Triton for a year with trips, 1991 30ft scarab with twin outboard etc etc. But never dug into a older boat with Cobras. Everything I saw or have been on with I\O's was newer with merc's and I had no idea what this boat was. I hoped someone maybe knew something about it or a cool story about how they came to be or had just something on it. I offered the owner a price that basically would be giving me the boat for free because that's all its worth with the amount of work to fix it back up. But i am glad to hear everyone's opinion and it means a lot! So thanks again!. Any other info send it my way. Thanks again!

Good to here Mikeyce. Especially with new members to this forum, it's tough to gauge their boating experience from just a post or two. It sounds like you know what you are doing. As to your specific question, I've never worked with Cobras so I'll defer to the more knowledgeable guys. Best of luck