Is my motor direct injection?

NakedDog

Seaman
Hey boating folks..... likely an easy question for those more knowledgeable than me. I am hoping to go to a specific lake this summer than only allows 4 stroke and direct injection 2 stroke motors. Due to the age of my motor, I'm thinking I'm out of luck, but still want a confirmed answer, so here goes....

Is my motor direct injection? - it's a 1996 Johnson 115, 2 stroke, model J115TLED

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Is my motor direct injection?

I'm sure glad I don't live where you do. For both boating regs and temps.

NakedDog

Seaman

So carburetor = not direct injected... Is this always the case?

To my knowledge there are not many lakes around with this restriction for 2 strokes. The lake is called Clear Lake in Riding Mountain National Park. But you're bang on about the temps, especially this year and what looks like a very late spring.

boobie

Supreme Mariner

Sue the Ground Hog. LOL. If it's got carbs, it's not DI.

bob johnson

Rear Admiral

So carburetor = not direct injected... Is this always the case?

To my knowledge there are not many lakes around with this restriction for 2 strokes. The lake is called Clear Lake in Riding Mountain National Park. But you're bang on about the temps, especially this year and what looks like a very late spring.
thats correct carbed motors are never direct injection....

and generally the DI motors started with the Ficht motors, and I think the earliest was 1997 and = you see them more in the evinrude line than the johnson line...actually after about 2000 i dont think evinrude made a carbed motor again...., might even have been 1999....not 100% sure on that....but lat 90s ficht Johnsons are rare

bob