2003 palm beach white cap 191 19 foot boat with 130 hp Yamaha outboard

kkg88key

Seaman Apprentice
Thinking about buying a nice 19 foot Palm Beach 191 Center console with a 130 Yamaha 2 stroke 4 cylinder outboard. Boat is with the original owner and has all paperwork and manuals. Aluminum Magic tilt trailer with new axle. Biminy top. Boat is clean and well kept. No soft spots or transom issues that I see. I am offering him 8000.00 for the boat which was originally 8900. What are anyone's thoughts on this boat? I have researched some threads on them and most people say they are good for the money. Not real fancy but get the job done. I live on Mobile Bay and will primarily be using the boat in the bay and in fresh water rivers. Do not plan on going out offshore at all. Not near enough boat for me although many people do it down here all the time in this type of boat. We are taking it out this Sunday and pending no problems I will probably buy the boat. All thoughts and opinions are welcome since this is my first boat. He says he has used the boat every summer to fish and pull skies and has never had any problem with the boat or motor. Motor is pristine in appearance. Thanks!

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Re: 2003 palm beach white cap 191 19 foot boat with 130 hp Yamaha outboard

Honestly, it sounds like a nice rig for what you have in mind. I won't comment on the price because so much depends on your local market- hopefully you've looked at enough boats to have a basis for comparison.

I'll just caution you not to take the seller's word for anything. If you don't know how to check out the boat and motor, find/hire somebody to do it for you.

Good luck!

kkg88key

Seaman Apprentice

Honestly, it sounds like a nice rig for what you have in mind. I won't comment on the price because so much depends on your local market- hopefully you've looked at enough boats to have a basis for comparison.

I'll just caution you not to take the seller's word for anything. If you don't know how to check out the boat and motor, find/hire somebody to do it for you.

Good luck!

Thanks. I do have a friend that is a boat dealer who has been advising me.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

great boat, great rig. it's the kind you can almost buy sight unseen. perfect for inshore family boating and fishing, skinny water, etc and a size the children can handle.

Use your judgment and if you have a good feeling about the seller, trust him. See if he will let you take it to a mechanic for a once-over--a 10 day warranty. You will probably be taking it there anyway unless you do everything yourself.

Replace the water pump impeller if it's 2 years old.

Palm Beach is a good mid-level boat, so don't expect perfection.

Tilt trailers are great--you keep the axle dry and eliminate a huge maintenance issue, especially if you keep it on the trailer for every use.