84 mecury 115 on 94 tracker 18 pro jet

atcra

Seaman
According to the specs of this boat, max recommended hp is 90. What are some issues that along with over powered boats? It had a new transome welded and has a lip on bottom hanging down about 1/8 - 1/4 inch...could that cause the boat to not plan out correctly? At about 27 mph the front driver side tends to dip down and causes water to spray all over me. Thank you.

oldman570

Lieutenant Commander
Re: 84 mecury 115 on 94 tracker 18 pro jet

The lip will have some effect on the boat, but In you case I would think it would not be on the plaining and would be on the top end speed. As for the over spray, It sounds as tho the load in the boat is not balanced out even and is heavy on one side more than the other. You can move items from the heavy side to the other and see if it helps. You need to check the mounting of the motor on the boat. The cav plate should be even to 1" above the bottom of the boat. If the steering is pulling hard to one side then the trim tab on the motor needs to be adjusted. JMO
Oldman570

atcra

Seaman

Thank you for your advise...i will check the load and cav plate next time out...it seems to do fine and plane out up to about 27 mph, after 27-28 is when it starts to dip on me. I know it came with a jet drive and has been replaced with the current outboard. Thank you.

The lip will have some effect on the boat, but In you case I would think it would not be on the plaining and would be on the top end speed. As for the over spray, It sounds as tho the load in the boat is not balanced out even and is heavy on one side more than the other. You can move items from the heavy side to the other and see if it helps. You need to check the mounting of the motor on the boat. The cav plate should be even to 1" above the bottom of the boat. If the steering is pulling hard to one side then the trim tab on the motor needs to be adjusted. JMO
Oldman570

Bondo

Staff member

According to the specs of this boat, max recommended hp is 90. What are some issues that along with over powered boats? It had a new transome welded and has a lip on bottom hanging down about 1/8 - 1/4 inch...could that cause the boat to not plan out correctly? At about 27 mph the front driver side tends to dip down and causes water to spray all over me. Thank you.

Ayuh,.... I'd start There,... A 1/4" is a Mile at that point of the planin' surface....

The water needs to be able to Flow, nicely, 'n easily along the entire Planin' surface....

The last 4' is the Most Critical...

atcra

Seaman

I know...i am slowly grinding at it but it is taking forever...i have it to a smooth transition but there is still little ramp there. Thanks for comments...we are on the same line!