1993 40 hp Johnson water pump rebuild question

jb3b

Cadet
I have rebuilt the water pump on a 1993 40 HP Johnson model TJ40ELETB and reinstalled it. In the kit there were two rubber o rings that I couldn't figure out where they went so I left them off thinking they were probably to be used on different model. The The part # on the rebuild kit is 0438592, the Johnson kit. In this kit there were two o rings the size of the shaft. one came in the bag with the impeller so I put it in the recess on the lower side of the impeller. The other one I have no idea where it goes since there is not a recess in the shaft anywhere to put it. The third o ring is approximately 1 1/2 diameter and again I have no idea where it would have gone. The kit I removed was totally different than the new one I got. The new one has a solid impeller housing while the old one is like the parts diagram with round plate and liner. None of these o rings were used in the installation of the old Kit. I have a good stream of water coming out of the tube. I would really not like to tear it down again unless absolutely necessary. Any help would be appreciated.