Sacramento River Delta in May

John3

Petty Officer 2nd Class
The days are getting longer & It'll start warming up soon. May seems like a good time to Cruise the Delta.

IMG_0882-1.jpg IMG_0883-1.jpg IMG_0881-1.jpg

Don't have a final date but Claire & I will be leaving from the San Fernando Valley, It's an all day trip, we'll launch at Stockton and spend about 5 days or a week on the water. We will live on the Boat. There are plenty of Marinas with Guest Slips and I think you can still boat camp at the Meadows.. Should be a Fun, Lazy trip.
Pease reply if you'd like to join up.
John

becxlt

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Sacramento River Delta in May

The days are getting longer & It'll start warming up soon. May seems like a good time to Cruise the Delta.

View attachment 185935 View attachment 185936 View attachment 185934

Don't have a final date but Claire & I will be leaving from the San Fernando Valley, It's an all day trip, we'll launch at Stockton and spend about 5 days or a week on the water. We will live on the Boat. There are plenty of Marinas with Guest Slips and I think you can still boat camp at the Meadows.. Should be a Fun, Lazy trip.
Pease reply if you'd like to join up.
John

You can launch out of wimpys ! Very close to the Meadows ...

WIMPY'S MARINA and RESTAURANT

John3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'll still launch at Stockton, it's closest to home for me, & use the boat to get to a meet-up spot. After all the object is to go boating!

Hai Nhi

Petty Officer 2nd Class

oh wow. I'd like to join for at least one day if I can. :)

Would be first time boat owner. Never done it before, and I'm really itchy to get started. :) That's why I can only do one day (maybe a Saturday or Sunday) to get started first.

Please finalize the date.

Nhi

Hai Nhi

Petty Officer 2nd Class

John, I noticed that you're from San Fernando Valley. So you'll be towing your boat up to Stockton first then? Wow, that's a long way isn't it? I thought down South you guys have lots of water destinations. :) Just curious, I'm new to all these.

I also saw your post calling for the the Santa Catalina Island trip too. I wonder if we have something similar up here?!

Man, I wish the wifey is as exciting about boating as I am. :)

Nhi

John3

Petty Officer 2nd Class

John, I noticed that you're from San Fernando Valley. So you'll be towing your boat up to Stockton first then? Wow, that's a long way isn't it? I thought down South you guys have lots of water destinations. :) Just curious, I'm new to all these.

I also saw your post calling for the the Santa Catalina Island trip too. I wonder if we have something similar up here?!

Man, I wish the wifey is as exciting about boating as I am. :)

Nhi

Yep, it's an all day drive each way to Stockton. It's not worth the trip to stay only a couple of days. There are plenty of good destinations on the Delta and with your narrow channels, wind & weather is not as big a concern as it is on the open Ocean.
We do have several local destinations: San Diego, Long Beach/San Pedro Harbor, Catalina, the other Channel Islands. Plus several Marina's. But, you've gotta be careful of the weather, there's an afternoon "Chop" in the channel that you can count on, so crossing to Catalina, in a small boat, a very nice destination, is generally in the morning or late evening hours and only when there is no danger of Santa Ana Winds or other storms.
I don't know if you have a Trailer Boat but the ability to get to interesting places is one of the advantages. My Wife isn't that keen on being bounced around in a boat either. We watch the weather carefully and try and pick destinations where we can lay low for a day or two if it does turn bad. Two years ago we spent two weeks on Puget Sound, a beautiful area made for boating. Last year it was Lake Powell for a week, we had 1 day with high winds where we just sat in a cove and relaxed. Next month we'll be on the Delta. My Son and his family live in the area so we'll spend some time on the boat with them. We'll probably visit the Meadows, Hogsback Island and have lunch one day at "Al The Wops" in Locke. Should be a fun trip.
John

Hai Nhi

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Wow, that's pretty cool.

Can you tell me more on some of good destinations in the Delta?

Which boat you have again John?

Nhi